Search the Awesomeness

Search the Spot of Awesomeness

Monday, July 3, 2017

Paint colors have been decided!!

Hi! Welcome back and thanks for stopping by!
In case you haven't read my previous posts, I'll catch you up. I got a Beachside Bungalow dollhouse kit by Real Good Toys for my birthday recently, and I'm planning for it since we're moving and building a house this summer. (And then living in a trailer for a while).
 
I just love the beautiful front porch and elevation of it!!
 
The inside is kinda perfect for what I'm thinking... 😉

So because we're moving and I may not have a lot of time or space to build it, I've been doing lots of research on what I want my first dollhouse to look like, inside and out. I picked up a couple paint booklets from Home Depot to see what I liked. In one of the exterior books, I found the prettiest combination for a dollhouse. I'm still not sure if I want to do wallpaper or paint on the inside. I'm thinking hardwood floors all the way through except the landing and bedroom ( left to right: the second and third rooms on the top floor) because they're the most logical places (to me, any way) to have carpeted floors.

Here are the booklets and the combination I'm thinking for the exterior.
Behr interiors color collection
Behr interiors whites and neutrals custom color collection
Behr exteriors custom color collection (the book in which I found my exterior-to-be)
Behr Marquee interior one-coat hide collection
Flagstaff Green, Spun Cotton, Black Garnet (body, trim, accent)
The colors I chose on a house


As I said before, I still haven't picked a color or wallpaper or picked between a color or wallpaper for the interior, and I haven't picked a floor or carpet or picked between floor or carpet for the exterior. I'm super excited about decorations- especially the front porch because, y'know, first impressions- and am so, so happy to get to show all of you the process!

One more thing before I go- I decided to do this thing right and get some input from the experts! A bit of my research came up with a blog called "Call of the Small"- it's simply amazing! If you haven't already heard of or seen this mind-blowing blog, please, please, please go check it out! It's to die for!! Any way, I sent the author an email about a matter I've been pondering- whether she would paint the pieces of the dollhouse first or put the dollhouse together and paint it. I know that's probably not very important, but I wondered, since she has so much experience, what her preference was or at least which one is normally easier. I have not yet received a reply, so I cannot tell you any more about that.

That's all for now! Thanks for stopping in, and I hope to see you back soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment