Search the Awesomeness

Search the Spot of Awesomeness

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

How to shop miniatures- the tourist way!

7/18/17

Hi, and welcome back!
I'm very sorry that I haven't able to present more content lately, I've been very busy. But I did get a lot done!
First off: It's always fun to be a tourist. Most people would love to go take a walk downtown just to windowshop or get ice cream cones. Admit it. You know you love to! I had lots of opportunities lately to do so, and I just loved it. But sometimes you go into a town and are hoping to find a certain thing, and you don't even know where to start. If you're in a quaint town, try sorting what you're looking for into a category. For example, if you're looking for miniatures, they often fall under collectables or stuff for fairy gardens. Lots of antique shops have awesome collectables, so try that out. If you don't have luck that way, try out the small businesses. You never know if you'll find treasures! Some small businesses have a selection of small things- hopefully in the scale you're looking for- that are very pleasing to the people that love all things small! But seriously, if you haven't already toured all your local small businesses please go check them out because there are so many people out there that would love to show you what they have to offer, and if you go give them some business or just look, they'll sincerely appreciate it. Really. 
Anyhoodle, I'm sure you'll find some minis for your collection. Lots of fairy garden minis work great for dollhouses, or if you have a fairy garden you can probably use dollhouse minis for your garden! I actually found some fairy garden stuff at a berry farm.... LOVE them!! 😍

Second of all! I'm so honored to say that the author of Call Of The Small responded to questionary email that I sent. I had some questions on wallpapering, flooring, etc. Long story short, you need to do all that stuff before peicing your dollhouse together, but you do need to meausure all that stuff very precisely so that clean up isn't too bad or messy. Thanks, Call Of The Small! If you haven't already checked out her blog, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment