Search the Awesomeness

Search the Spot of Awesomeness

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Mini Popsicle stand- Happy 4th of July!! 🎉🎇🎆

Hi! Welcome to my blog!
I am currently in the process of planning for a dollhouse- if you're new to my blog, check out my previous posts- that's the best I can do to catch you up, since this is just an update.
My mom (Jen Shears from Jen Shears Designs [Yes, that's a blog! Go check it out, she's awesome!]) won a gift card from a challenge (Where Creativity Meets, which is a Concord & 9th Challenge) and bought the Sweet & Cool die cuts to go with her Sweet & Cool stamp set. 
Wanna buy the stamps and/or dies? Check out this website (sorry, might have to copy and paste into a browser): 
https://www.theheartdesires.com/search?q=Sweet+%26+Cool&submit=
Any way! So my mom got the die cuts and is using them and loves them, and she told me I can use them. Yay!
I came up with an idea (don't worry, it's awesome! 😉) to make a teeny-tiny Popsicle stand!! No, I don't have any idea what scale it will be in. It might be totally random!
I started by making the sign, which is the mini Popsicle die cut and stamp with the stand's name written on it. (And yes, for any stampers that recognize it, that is a Misti!)
 Before I cut it out.
 After I cut it out!
Then, I made the stand. It's really just kind of a net (that's a math term, in case you don't remember) of a rectangle. (Basically a template for a counter without a backside- pictures will explain better!)
 My counter template. This is really the best way I can describe how you'd make it. I used the Popsicle sign when I was drawing the template for proportions, and I made sure to use a ruler on all the important lines. I cut it out with some of my mom's really nice scissors. Just fold on the lines you drew to be folded on, and apply glue to the tabs and stick them to the inside.
 Here it is all folded up! Not glued yet, but folded!
 Here it is drying. I also cut toothpicks to fit the inside on the folds for extra support.
That's all for today! I'll continue to work on it. Hope to see you back!





No comments:

Post a Comment