Search the Awesomeness

Search the Spot of Awesomeness

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Dollhouse Project (soon to be started)

Recently, I received a Beachside Bungalow dollhouse for my birthday- this is my first dollhouse, so I'm super pumped about it!!! You can find this at Hobby Lobby, or likely at miniature shops. Here's a link to it: 
http://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Dollhouses-Miniatures/Dollhouse-Kits/Beachside-Bungalow-Dollhouse-Kit/p/28921
I decided to share the process with you! (Well, at least as much as I remember to share πŸ˜‰)
Right now I'm trying to decide what colors to paint it, and if you are in the same boat as I am and have never built a dollhouse before, I suggest looking to the internet for some inspiration on jus about everything! So far, I'm thinking a cute light blue with white trim or an pretty orange-yellow color with an off-white trim.
My family is in the process of selling our current house, building a house and after our current house sells, we'll be living in a trailer while our new house is getting built, so I'm not really sure how much time or access to space I'll have for this dollhouse. πŸ˜₯
Since I don't know what the exact plans are for the move and what we'll have time for, I decided to start planning for it, but not necessarily building the whole thing right now. I found the cutest little doghouse kit and painted it red. I'll glue it together, and put it on the porch (once there is a porch😜). I even found a little dog at Ben Franklin that looks almost exactly like mine!
    
In a later post I'll show the pieces after paint and how I glued them together, made a bed and made a collar for the little dog.
I bought a couple little accessories for it because whenever I go to Hobby Lobby I just can't help how amazingly awesome the tiny adorable things are. So I have a few small things like jam, honey and marmalade resin-made jars and obviously the dog house and a large selection of animals (cats and dogs) that I got when I was little. (That way I can change out animals depending on what I'm feeling like 😊).
That's about it as far as my planning goes for now!
Thanks for stopping by, and see you later! πŸ˜„

1 comment:

  1. Just FYI, this is a really old picture of Cosmo as a puppy. He is now 7 and still acts like a puppy! 🐢😝

    ReplyDelete