Search the Awesomeness

Search the Spot of Awesomeness

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Building the previously mentioned doghouse kit!!!

Hi guys! Welcome back!
In my post where I announced the dollhouse project, I talked about a doghouse kit I found at Hobby Lobby the other day from Mayberry Street for $2.99. Here's a link:
http://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Dollhouses-Miniatures/Miniatures/Miniature-Dog-House-Kit/p/80745458
I painted it with Anita's acrylic craft paint in True Red:
http://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Stencils-Craft-Paints/Acrylic-Craft-Paints/True-Red-2-ounces-Anita's-Acrylic-Craft-Paint/p/533
I painted the roof black, with B B Frosch chalk paint.
Here are the pieces after paint. I didn't paint the inside floor or the dog bone, but I painted all the other parts of the pieces that will be on the outside of this house.

I simply put together the pieces based on the diagram and came out with an adorable doghouse. You can glue it if you want, but the pieces are so tight-fitting and therefore pretty sturdy; so I would say the glue is optional, and I did not glue my dog house.
I also decided to make a cute little bed from scrap fabric by cutting 2 equally sized pieces that will fit on the floor of the doghouse, placing them good side to good side and hand sewing them all the way around, leaving a little gap so that I could turn it inside out, stuff it with pillow stuffing, and finally, sew the opening closed. I placed it inside the doghouse and it's awesome!!!
Just for fun, I added a little gadget that lights up when you push this little spring against itself- I'm so bad at explaining technical stuff, but I think it came out of something. I taped it to the inside wall if the doghouse so you can't see it looking in. I tied a piece of string on it to be a little pull so that when you pull a little string in the doorway it looks like the dog is having a party!!! It's just AWESOME!! Pictures don't do it justice.😄
But here's pictures of it with and without it lighting up. 
   
I still have some touch up to do on the roof and on the red, and I still haven't glued the bone on (should I paint it?) but the dog is so adorable in it and I made it 2 rope toys. As you can see, it lights up blue and red. Awesomeness! 😂
I can't wait to see how it looks on the porch of my dollhouse!! (Or if I figure out how to give it yard, in the yard!)
Thanks for visiting my page, and I hope to see you back soon! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment